Returns Refunds Update:
Please contact us (Spy Shop) before placing an order online, to check if there is stock available in South Africa. Unfortunately, if you (the client) have NOT checked with our sales team regarding in stock products and order stock which is not readily available, you are agreeing to wait as long as 12 weeks for your order. If you do not wish to wait 12 weeks after the fact but did not contact us immediately to cancel your order and we ordered/imported your order but would like a refund, you will be charged between 5% and 15% prior. This refund fee generally covers bank fees, admin fees, paypal fees and import fees! PLEASE NOTE: we do not make money when you request a refund, but at the same time, we can not lose money in the process!
- Returns must be discussed with an agent from Spy Shop SA in advance and authorized by admin/owner.
- A product is only confirmed faulty once received and tested by one of our Spy Shop technicians or the supplier, we will update when this has been completed.
- All our products carry a 6 month warranty (unless stated otherwise) which covers the manufacturing defects ONLY (terms and conditions apply).
- Standard Warranty: 6 months on ALL products. Unless stated otherwise!
Update on Refunds Returns:
- Please note: if you are unhappy with your purchase and would like to return it for a refund, you may return it to: Spy Shop SA, Postnet Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal, 4126, South Africa or we can arrange couriers to collect from you. The courier fees will be deducted from the refund amount owed, as well as a 10% admin fee. This is non-negotiable.
- We will accept a return and replace the product with an identical new product, or a product that you accept or offer credit or a refund. If the unit is found to be faulty, you will not be charged an admin fee but if you decide to not have the product replaced there will be a min of 10% handling fee charged on the transaction and the original courier fee.
- PLEASE NOTE: we do not refund courier fees after orders have been dispatched or collected, due the the fact these fees are paid to a 3rd party for their service!
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product.
Our warranty does not cover the following and no refund will be processed if:
- damage arising from negligence, physical damage or incorrect usage of the product.
- damage arising from electrical surges, this includes load shedding.
- damage arising from sea air corrosion (rust), water, moisture.
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product.
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product (opening covers/housing, removing screws).
Returned products must be sent with the original packaging and all accessories. Returning deliveries to Spy Shop SA is at the client’s expense, until the device has in fact been tested and deemed faulty. If the device is confirmed as faulty, we will offer a replacement for the same or similar product, of same cost and/or same specification. If for any reason we cannot provide the client with a suitable replacement, we will offer a refund (including the shipping costs). If a returned product is tested and is not faulty, the returning delivery costs to the client is at the client’s expense. If the client does not want to have the product any longer/cancels and requests a refund, there is a min of 15% handling fee charge will apply on the transaction and the original shipping cost and the return shipping cost will be the clients account.
If a product is returned to Spy Shop SA and we find physical damage to the product caused by the client, the warranty will be void. Opening products to repair or modify components, will void the warranty. Flashing the firmware or using non-approved software voids the warranty. If the warranty seals are broken, it is considered tampered with and the warranty will be void. No replacement or refund will apply and the return cost to the client will be for the clients account.
If the return cost is not paid for within 3 months Spy Shop SA will repair the product and sell the product to recover any costs incurred.
Spy Shop SA is not responsible for products arriving damaged, as we do pay for courier services on the clients behalf and we do offer a package insurance option on checkout. If the client does not select courier + insurance when checking out and the clients package either goes missing or gets damaged in transit, we cannot replace your package or claim from the courier company. Please select insurance when checking out, to safeguard your order. Please notify admin within 7 days.
- Our policy lasts 7 days from date of dispatching the clients order. If 7 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you an exchange.
- To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
- Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
- To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer, they will be unable to assist you. As our suppliers do not deal with the public directly.
Refunds (if applicable)
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed within 3 days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, please contact the admin department. There is often some processing time before a refund is complete. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind, if you are rude or ill mannered towards the staff, we will purposely delay your refund!
Exchanges (if applicable)
- We replace items if they are defective or damaged and we will cover the courier fee back and forth. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Spy Shop SA, Postnet Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal, 4126, South Africa.
Return / Exchange Shipping
- To return or exchange your product, you should mail your product to: Spy Shop SA, Postnet Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal, 4126, South Africa
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Unless otherwise arranged with admin / owner of the business.
- Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. Locations like rural areas, game reserves, borders and farms on the outskirts of South Africa, take between 3 and 10 days for delivery.
- If you are shipping an item over R1000, you should consider purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that packages arrive intact, as they are handled by an external company. Please insure your order on checkout.